Protect the Public by Ensuring that Gambling is Legal and Honest.
We will maintain public confidence by:
- Conducting a fair and effective gambling regulatory and enforcement program
- Investigating illegal activities
- Building positive partnerships and relationships
- Providing a workplace that allows employees to excel at their jobs
- Anticipating and responding to the evolving gambling industry
We Value Integrity, Professionalism, Respect and Diversity.
Through collaboration with local, state, federal, tribal and international law enforcement agencies, we work to fulfill our legislative declaration of: (1) Keeping the criminal element out of gambling, and (2) Promoting social welfare through strict regulation and control.
The Commission is composed of five commissioners appointed by the Governor to six-year terms. The Commission holds regular public meetings, makes policy and budget decisions and takes action on administrative matters. Four members of the Legislature serve as ex-officio members and vote to approve or amend tribal-state Class III gaming compacts. They play an important liaison role between the commission and the Legislature.