Sports Wagering Licensing
Sports Wagering Pre-Licensing Investigation Applications Received
Who should apply for a Sports Wagering Vendor License?
Applying for a major sports wagering vendor license.
You must apply for a major sports wagering vendor license if you provide integral sports wagering goods or services in our state.
(1) Managing a Tribe's or Tribes' sports wagering operations;
(2) Being a Tribe's or Tribes' primary consultant who provides substantial sports wagering related services;
(3) Being a manufacturer or distributor of a sports wagering system (s);
(4) Providing bookmaking services; or
(5) Providing sports wagering risk management services.
Applying for a mid-level sporting wagering vendor license.
You must apply for a mid-level sports wagering vendor license if you provide services or equipment related to data, security, and integrity that include, but are not limited to.
(1) Integrity monitoring;
(2) Data to be used by a Tribe (s) or sports wagering vendor including data to set odds;
(3) The compilation, furnishing, or storage of data for use in sports wagering;
(4) Initial or annual wagering system security testing or assessment;
(5) Geofencing and geolocation compliance and monitoring; and
(6) Sports wagering account management including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products.
Applying for an ancillary sports wagering vendor license.
You must apply for an ancillary sports wagering vendor license if you provide necessary sports wagering support services that include, but are not limited to.
(1) Mobile payment processing for use in sports wagering;
(2) Know your customer or identity verification for use in mobile sports wagering;
(3) Marketing or promotional affiliates for a sports wagering vendor or tribal sports wagering operator where the contractual financial arrangement is based on a percentage of an operator’s sports wagering revenue.
What if I supply services in more than one licensing category? Do I have to apply for more than one license?
Yes, you will have to apply for a separate license if you provide equipment or services that are defined in more than one category of vendor licensing. You can fill out and pay with one application, online, by selecting all of the categories you would like to be approved for licensure during the application process.
Do I or my company need to have an agreement with a Federally recognized Tribe in Washington State before I apply?
No. Neither Commission rules nor state law require a company providing sports wagering services or equipment to have a vendor agreement with another vendor or a Washington State Tribe or tribal operator before submitting a license application.
Who in my company can submit the Sports Wagering Vendor License application?
The highest-ranking officer or their designee, in your organization must complete an attestation in the online application that says the application is true, correct, and complete.
Will fingerprints need to be submitted as part of the licensing investigation process?
Yes, fingerprint cards will be required as part of the licensing investigation process for all substantial interest holders who live outside of Washington state.
What types of payment methods are accepted by the Commission?
Payments can be submitted online through an ACH debit process (electronic check) or paper checks can be sent through the mail. Unfortunately, at this time, the Commission does not accept ACH credit or credit card payments. Lastly, payment must be made in US currency.
Where can I apply to begin the Sports Wagering Vendor License Application process?
Applications must be submitted online and you must have a SecureAccess Washington SAW account with WSGC's My Account services to submit your application. The instructions below outline how to set up these services and apply.
Final action on any application cannot be taken until on or after August 31, 2021, when Sports Wagering licensing rules go into effect.
How do I apply for my employees to become licensed representatives?
In your SAW My Account, choose the Employees tab and then choose Begin a New Individual License Application.
I need help registering for a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account.
- For a new SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account. Click "Sign Up" and follow the steps to create a new account. Refer to this video for additional assistance.
I need help adding WSGC MYAccount services in SAW.
- Log into your SAW account. Add WSGC SAW MyAccount as a New Service. Refer to these instructions and/or video for additional assistance.
I’m ready to apply for a Sports Wagering Vendor License.
If you have successfully completed the SAW registration process AND added our service to your account, log into your WSGC MyAccount through Secure Access Washington (SAW).
- Select the License tab from the top menu.
- Select “Sports Wagering Vendor Application.”
- Complete all fields in the WSGC application.
- Select either “Pay This Amount Now with Online Check” or “Submit Application and Pay with a Paper Check.”
- The correct licensing fee must be submitted with a completed application.
- You can either submit the application electronically with an online check or submit the application electronically and then mail us a paper check.
- We will begin processing applications once we receive full payment. If full payment is not received within 30 days after submitting your application, we will administratively close your application and you will need to re-apply.
- If you chose “Submit Application and Pay with a Paper Check”, you must print and mail the invoice and your check to us, which will delay processing your application.
- Call us at 800-345-2529 (toll-free in-state only) or 360-486-3440 with questions.