Tribal Activities


Periodically, we receive questions about who we consider to be "federally regulated commercial lending institutions" regarding the licensing/certification requirements under some Tribal-State Compacts.

We consider an entity regulated by one of the following four federal agencies to be a "federally regulated commercial lending institution":
You can use the above links to locate the proposed lender to verify the entity is federally regulated. A subsidiary of a proposed lender will most likely require certification under some Tribal-State Compacts even if the parent corporation is regulated by one of the federally agencies listed above.

If you have any questions, please call or email:

Tina Griffin
Assistant Director of Licensing Operations Division
Page last updated 01/29/2014 10:57 AM
Washington State Gambling Commission

Copyright ©  Washington State Gambling Commission