Who must complete mandatory training?
WAC 230-03-070 requires completion of mandatory training within 30 days of the effective date of a gambling license. The following individuals must complete gambling training:
Charitable/Nonprofit OrganizationsTraining Video:
Training video "Charitable Nonprofit Gambling: Responsibilities of Officers and Board Members" must be viewed by the highest-ranking officer of the organization. The training handbook must also be reviewed.Training Handouts:
Training materials for each gambling activity manager can be found by going to the Handouts/Videos web page. The manager for each of the following activities must read the training materials for the activity they manage.
- Fund-Raising Events
- Amusement Games
- Social Card Rooms
Commercial Businesses, Activity Managers, Licensed Employees
Business owners, managers of a licensed gambling activity and licensed gambling employees are required to read training materials for the activity the business is licensed to operate. Each must read material for the activity they are operating or managing. The activity training materials can be found by going to the Handouts/Videos web page.ALL NEW APPLICANTS, TO INCLUDE:
- The highest ranking officer of a profit-seeking corporation
- Manager(s) of a Limited Liability Company
- Each partner in a general partnership
- Sole owners of a business
- Punch Board/Pull-Tabs
- Class "D" Social Card Rooms
- Amusement Games
Card Room Training for House-Banked, Player-Supported and Class "E" Card Rooms is provided by an agency field agent assigned to your business. You will be contacted by the agent to arrange a meeting to go over training information.ALL NEW INDIVIDUAL LICENSE APPLICANTS FOR:
- Charitable/Nonprofit gambling managers
- Commercial gambling managers who supervise operration of progressive pull-tab jackpot games
- Distributor's representative
- Services supplier representatives
- If applying to conduct a new gambling activity, see the above instructions to determine who must complete mandatory training.
PDF files require the
free Adobe Reader.