ALL RECORDS AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC DISCLOSURE ARE:
- Issued through the Commission's office at 4565 7th Avenue S.E., Lacey, WA
- Available during normal office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Processed by the Public Records Officer
RECORDS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE ARE LISTED IN RCW 42.56 OR IN OTHER LAWS THAT PREVENT DISCLOSURE OF CERTAIN DOCUMENTS. SOME EXAMPLES INCLUDE:
- Investigative or intelligence records, the nondisclosure of which is necessary for effective law enforcement;
- Records pending court or administrative action, for which charges have not been filed;
- Information that identifies a complainant, witness, or victim who requests nondisclosure;
- Preliminary drafts, notes, recommendations and intra-agency memorandums not publicly cited by the agency in connection with any agency action;
- Records or sections of records that invade a person's right to privacy; and
- Specific agency personnel records.
REQUESTS TO VIEW OR COPY GAMBLING COMMISSION PUBLIC RECORDS MAY:
- Be made over the phone, by mail, e-mail, fax, or in person;
- Incur copying and other costs explained on the enclosed form, which must be paid before documents can be released.
- Must be made through the Records Officer
RECORDS OBTAINED THROUGH PUBLIC DISCLOSURE THAT IDENTIFY LICENSED INDIVIDUALS MAY:
- NOT be used for any commercial purpose;
- NOT be used to contact licensed individuals as part of a profit seeking business activity.
DELAYS COMPLETING YOUR REQUEST MAY OCCUR WHEN:
- Your request is too broad or too vague;
- The record(s) requested cannot be readily identified; or
- Other agencies or persons affected by the request must be contacted. (RCW 42.56.540 allows the commission to notify persons named in the record prior to disclosure of the record.)
AVOID DELAYS BY:
- Calling for assistance;
- Signing the form and including your contact information; and
- Specifying, in detail, the record you are seeking.
Assistance is available by contacting the Gambling Commission's Records Officer,
Jessica Quiles by email
or by calling:
(800) 345-2529, extension 3529
(360) 486-3630 FAX.